Monday 5 May 2008

Loch Ard

Did usual recovery 3m this morning. Out along the West Highland Way. It was a beautiful morning. The perfect weather for a bank holiday Monday.
3m-29:45

When I got home my husband Jeremy was busy preparing a picnic. In our house at the first sign of summer my daughter asks 'can we have a picnic?' and 'can we have a BBQ?' What a brilliant idea.

We also took the opportunity to try out our new acquisition. The cycle rack!

We started at Milton (about 1 mile from Aberfoyle) The route took us through the most breathtaking scenery. Very soon we could see the majestic form of Ben Lomond directly ahead not a cloud in sight.

We stopped for our picnic at a lovely spot overlooking the tail end of Loch Ard.

Eventually we had to turn back as we had cycled right off our map.However we probably could have gone on a bit as Daisy was putting on a determined show (taking cooling mud baths at every opportunity!) and the kids were doing well. It's still best to turn while you're ahead though.

We took a slightly alternative route back opting to drop down to the loch and cycle along the edge, this gave the boys chance to skim some stones, (all boys love to do that!) and Daisy to try and catch them!


I deliberately didn't take Daisy with me for my run this morning as I knew she may have her longest ever run ahead..... While she normally runs circles round me on our 3 mile forays I wasn't sure how she would cope with us all on bikes! We did enforce some rest on her as I was worried she would get heat stroke or exhaustion. Any one with a Cairn will know they are very stubborn and 'spirited' and rarely know when enough is enough. Thought you might like to see the evidence!!


All in all we were out for 4 hours and we made it there and back without loosing a bike!) Do you think this counts as x training? ...I know we will all sleep well tonight.

2 comments:

Debs M-C said...

Sounds like a fabulous day out. You really are a wholesome bunch.

Love the Daisy bag. I might need to get one of them for Marco's bike. I'm sure I could squeeze inside after a tough run ;-)

Glad to see you're embarcing this blog malarky. It's like an OCD isn't it? ;-)

Debs xx

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

As you predicted I now never travel with out camera! :-)
Rach x