Sunday 22 June 2008

14miles in the Bag

It wasn't easy,

I chose quite a hilly route, I was really determined not to do an out and back.

I ran from the house out through Clobber to the West Highland Way. I then branched out to Strathblane and ran back along Strathblane road. This road is much hillier than I thought..it is also very busy and goes on and on and on. With relief I eventually turned in to the reservoir, did half the circuit, through Drunclog car park and back down to Clober. Then the last mile and a half home.

It was a muggy drizzly afternoon. There was not much to comment on, aside from the amazing view, which I never tire of seeing. The one from the wall, where you can look out across the valley towards Dumgoyne, it was just a case of getting it done! I felt fine and kept a good pace on the flat sections, still slowing quite a lot on the hills though.

14m 2:03:19 average 8:49mm

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

I try to paint a visual of what your scenery might be like along your run routes! The names, the places sound unique! I enjoy looking at the photos you post! Good work on getting those 14 miles under your belt.

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

I will try and get more pics...I need to get shorts with a bigger pocket for my phone camera!! The scenery around here is fantastic, sometimes it's easy to forget, when you see it every day! x