Saturday 21 June 2008

The 'Loose Jaw' rule

Late run today, didn't set out till 4:30pm. Needed to get rid of a lot of toxins after a lot of them were consumed last night!

I did a few sun salutations as a warm up, and then impressed Cody with my headstand:-) and set out.

The first 3 miles were quite tough, having not run much this week I was feeling quite heavy legged. The more I focused on them the worse they felt. I consciously changed my focus to my breathing and remembered the 'loose jaw' rule (relax your jaw and EVERYTHING else relaxes too...as taught by midwives and athletics coaches alike...and it works) I felt my legs and shoulders relaxing making the second half more comfortable.

It was muggy and close with the odd spot of rain.

The route was down the wedge, along Milngavie Rd down past the West of Scot Rugby club, out past Esporta. into the reservoir at the far gate, back through Milngavie town centre then finally craigdhu and back through the wedge home.

6m-50:37 (first 5k 26:44 second 5k 23:53)

No comments: