Sunday 29 June 2008

Easy week

Although I feel that I have been running easy more than I should at this stage of training the plan said that this was an easy week.


We decided to make it a hilly route as there were no goal times or paces.

It felt quite cold and overcast when we set out a 8 30, the few mo moments that the sun did break through were deliciously hot though!! A sample of what we are missing. Not complaining as I don't run well in the heat...as you may know.

I met Robert at the Tickled Trout, from there we ran back into Milngavie along the Allander water path. The plan was to do the Bearsden and Milngavie 10k route from there. I knew the second half of the course and Robert knew the first half, well I though he did! It is known as 'the tough one' as it is quite a hilly course. It winds up in to the hills behind Torrance and Balmore before turning and dropping back down to Milngavie. It's a great route through the country lanes and greenery of the area.

I think that we didn't so much 'miss a turn' as take an extra one. Ending up on the top road that drops back down to Strathblane road. As it turned out it was OK as we needed to add a mile onto the route to achieve the 10, It is almost as though I subconciously factored in Roberts navigational hiccups when planning route!;-)

My garmin battery ran out almost as soon as we started so no hard and fast data but it was 10m in about 90 mins.

No comments: