Sunday 8 June 2008

The hidden path!

Set of at 9am this morning.

It was drizzling a bit but the air was still warm.

At some point soon after it must have stopped raining, not sure when.

I was looking for the path that had mystified me the last time I ran the canal....I still couldn't find it, I think I will need to do the route in reverse sometime. The searching was rewarded as I did find a great cut through from Cadder which gives the option of heading to Torrance or Balmore. It would be an easily extended route as the runs increase over the next few weeks.

Felt ok, it was a conservative pace the effort was being put into the distance!

Route: my house down Drymen rd to Garscube, through the trail to the river kelvin. Then cut up to the canal and ran out to Cadder where we cut off and ran down the Kelvin Valley walkway. It lead us right through the middle of the Golf course which gave the added bonus of annoying a few golfers:-). It was a good route. We came out at the Balmore garden centre. Then finally the Allander water path back into Milngave.

13m-1:56:46

1 comment:

Coach said...

Easy enjoyable run with fab new route.