Thursday 12 June 2008

30 min tempo

Just in from this weeks tempo run. It is a lovely day with a light breeze. As I left the house the breeze felt quite cool.

I ran a mile warm up, through the wedge to Craigdu. Then reset my Garmin and began the tempo.

It didn't take me long to get into a reasonable pace, the goal pace was 7:15-7:30. The route took me along North Dumgoyne, Craigton Rd, Milngavie Road to Canniesburn then up Drymen Road.

I am still struggling to keep pace on the inclines. The last mile really brought the average pace down as I just could not hold my rhythm as I turned up Drymen, that light breeze felt like a strong wind as it turned against me....I actually wonder if the struggle with that stretch of road is all in my head now as I expect to slow there! I did fine on the west end inclines last week.



1m warm up
4m-30:00
Average pace-7:30mm
1m warm down

3 comments:

Debs M-C said...

It's not in your head. That road is a killer. It goes on and on and on...

xx

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

So it's not just me then!!;-)

Coach said...

Spot on, good session. In 16 weeks you will be running 20 like that. :-)