Wednesday 25 June 2008

You don't eat two lunches!



I had been tempted to go out this morning and do 3 more reps.Then PB magazine dropped through my letter box and I was reminded (by Bill Bowerman p 8) that trying to play catch with your training is never a good idea!

"If you miss a training session, you don't try to do more the next session. It's like eating. If you miss breakfast, you don't eat two lunches!"

So that was me off the hook!

Instead I went out for an easy run with Lucie. She really does struggle with sport in general..it doesn't come naturally to her. What she does have is plenty of determination and strength of character. Persevering with things that faster kids would have given up long before! She really reminds me of that saying:

"hard work beats talent, unless talent works hard!"


In the Club 3k race last week she ran 17m 05s which was over 2 mins faster than the last 3k race we had at Garscube just a few weeks ago!

Last night we set off round the loch...with Daisy in tow. We chatted and saw the Swans (only 3 left:-(). I looked at my watch at 2.3k and couldn't believe it when I saw the time was 14m. Realising how close to her pb this was we picked up the pace for the remaining .7 finishing the 3k in just over 18m, not bad for an easy training run!

When her mind wasn't on the time she totally relaxed and even chatted achieving a great training run time. All of us 'Garmin watchers' could learn a thing or to from that"!

3.37k 21:35mins

No comments: