Thursday 5 June 2008

Good Garscube Tempo

Tonight I ran while Rory played football.

Running from Garscube estate I headed off down Maryhill road, the atmosphere was warm and heavy...you know what happened next. The biggest globules of rain you ever saw. I had just done the first mile and the heavens opened.

I love running in the rain, running past all those people huddling under brollies, hiding in doorways, wrapped up in macs, and you just power on by in shorts soaked to the skin and loving it! I was so wet I didn't even care when I got totally drenched by a passing double decker...I think I like it cause it is one of the only times you really get to act like a kid. Not a care in the world when all around you are trying to keep dry.

Anyway I ran down to Queen Margaret Drive, Byres Road (where every restaurant had a police car outside it?) Up Highburgh Road, down Clarence Drive then back up Crow Rd-Anniesland x to Garscube.

It was a great run probably because I haven't done much this week, batteries must have been fully charged;-)

1 mile-7:51 warm up
4.17m-30mins (tempo) average 7.12mm
1.48m-12:10mins warm down

2 comments:

Debs M-C said...

That's quite a pace there, Ms Rach.

I love running in the rain. Last night I decided to cycle over to support the Dumbarton 10K. Cycling in the rain is a whole different experience. And not a pleasant one ;-)

xx

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

I was really pleased to feel good at that pace (for the first time in ages). The 30 min tempo finished at Anniesland cross...phew, no way would I have made it up the hill!!

Cycling in the rain needs visor and windscreen wipers! With all this cycling you will be well equipped for a triathlon if you're not careful:-)

Hope the foot is healing. x