Tuesday 17 June 2008

The clouds gathered; but the race went on!


I haven't had 2 seconds spare today to fit in any training, but I did attend and help the junior race.

As I arrived at 5 55pm the clouds gathered and the rain began...the usual then! It was a good night though with well over 40 kids turning up along with quite a few parents.




I brought up the rear on the kids warm up jog (I mention this as it is the only bit of running I managed to get in today!) The kids gathered at the start where Stuart blew the whistle and they were off.

Using the leftover bananas from the race on Saturday I made 6 loaves of banana bread which seems to have gone down well with the finishers, parents and Marshall's!

They all did really well, Cody ran the 3k in 14:17m and was second in pack B. Lucie did brilliantly with a time of 17:03...a real improvement for her and a great achievement. They were both rewarded with trophies for 2ND place.

I think they are now sleeping with them and plan to take them to school tomorrow for show and tell!
Slightly blurry Lucie on the home straight!

No comments: