Wednesday 18 June 2008

Rules are made to be broken...if only to remind us of why they exist!

Another hectic day leaving little scope for a run. But I was determined to get out today.

Having made a big pot of Bolognaise, which I left simmering on the stove under Jeremys' watchful eye, I dashed out, promising to be back in 25'. (plenty of time for him to sort the pasta!)

As I hadn't run since Sunday I decided to do the 5k route at a steady pace to reassure myself that I still have a bit of umpf!!

Unfortunately in my haste (well my taste buds were watering with the smell of tea!) I broke the golden rule and didn't warm up...not even a gentle start...just straight in there...

As I descended down Mosshead road to Milngavie Rd I felt good, happy with the pace and the fact that I was comfortable. Milngavie Road to Asda was OK too, maintaining a reasonable speed on the inclines and junctions. It was only as I got half way along Chapleton that my lack of warm up caught up with me, calves started seizing up and my right shin was not happy!! I had to cut the pace for the rest of the route, chastising myself all the way for being so daft.

Still by the time I got home I realised that Rules are made to be broken....if only to remind us of why they exist!

It will be a while before I do that again!

5k-24:30
k splits-4:47, 4:34, 4:52, 5:23, 4:52 (spot the most painful Kilometer!!)

No comments: